Before you start with your learning in Mobile applications, it is always a challenging and complex task. Market is full of various mobile app development framework. Either native or hybrid you will get to know about a lot when you search on internet. Android and iOS both provides a native framework based on Java and Objective-C / Swift language respectively.
While developing an application that supports both the operating systems, we need to code in two different languages. Fortunately there are framework on internet that supports both mobile operating system. Each framework has its own structure for UI. There are HTML based hybrid mobile application framework and complex language specific framework. No doubt, every framework comes with some attractive features over another. But there are always advantages and disadvantages. Most of these framework are slow in performance.
Flutter is simple, high performance framework based on Dart language. Its Google’s UI toolkit for building beautiful, natively compiled applications for mobile, web, and desktop from a single codebase. These widgets are optimised for mobile environment and designing the application using widgets is as simple as designing HTML.
Flutter mobile app is a collection of Widgets or say that Flutter application is itself a widget. Widgets supports animations and gestures to add interactivity to the app. The application logic is based on reactive programming. Flutter has state-full and state-less widgets. Just change the state of the widget and Flutter will automatically (reactive programming) compare the widget’s state (old and new) and render the widget with only the necessary changes instead of reloading the whole widget tree.
Features of Flutter
Flutter comes with a lot of features for developer. Some of them are following:
- Fast development
- Native performance
- Expressing and flexible UI
- Uses Dart programming language and it is very easy to learn.
- Fast development.
- Huge widget catalog.
- Runs same UI for multiple platforms i.e. Android, iOS, and web
- High performance application.
Advantages of Flutter
Flutter has beautiful and customisable widgets for high performance and stunning mobile application. Flutter has a lot of advantages as mentioned below −
- Flutter framework use Dart programming language. That has a large repository of software packages which lets you to extend the capabilities of your application.
- Flutter has capability to generating apps for all platforms Android, iOS, and web.
- Flutter has capability of TDD (Test Driven Development) that need lesser time in testing.
- Flutter’s simplicity makes it a good choice for fast development. Its customisation capability and extendibility makes it even more powerful.
- Developers gets full control over the widget and widget layout.
- Flutter has debugging tool to check the performance with amazing hot reload.
Disadvantages of Flutter
Everything comes with advantages and disadvantages at the same time. Flutter is also one of them, it has the following drawbacks in it −
- As said earlier Flutter framework uses dart as a programming language. The developer has to learn a new programming language to work with Flutter.
- Modern framework tries to separate logic and UI as much as possible but, in Flutter, user interface and logic is intermixed. No doubt, we can overcome this using smart coding and using BLoC.
- Now internet has a lot of framework. So developers has to make choice what to choose. But, it’s not fault of Flutter.